It’s National Sangria Day and we can’t think of a better cocktail to toast the holidays with, than one that embodies the warmth of summer! This year we’re honoring the original spiked fruit punch, with a recipe from Jo-anna Rooney at A Pretty Life. Remember that ripe fruit is always best, so feel free to substitute what’s in season in your area. I’ll be swapping my traditional Christmas wrapping Bellinis out for this boozy fruit beauty. If you’re imbibing with friends, we suggest doubling the recipe.
Recipe: Winter Sangria
- 1 bottle of sweeter red wine
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec or Grand Marnier
- 1/4 cup brandy
- 2 tbsp simple syrup
- 1 slices orange (cut into)
- 1 green apple (remove core and cut into chunks)
- 1 cup grapes (cut in half)
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/2 pomegranate (just the fruit)
- garnish with cranberries
- In a large pitcher mix together the wine, pomegranate juice, Triple Sec and simple syrup.
- Add the cut up fruit to the wine mix, stir and let sit for at least 4 hours, or overnight is best.