It’s New Year’s Eve, and Highwave’s here with a cocktail we feel is worthy of the last celebration of 2018. This fresh and dare we say healthier take on an old favorite, comes from Sara Nelson at Real Balanced. It combines bubbles and citrus for a refreshing drink sure to keep the party going until the clock strikes midnight. So whether you’re whooping it up, or snuggling on the sofa tonight, read on to discover what we’ll be toasting with as the ball drops…
Recipe: Champagne Margaritas
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Maple-Flavored Syrup
- ¾ tsp orange extract
- ¾ cup (6 oz) silver tequila
- 3 cups (24 oz) champagne
- 20 oz ice cubes
- 1 small lime, cut into wedges
- Coarse sea salt
- Add all ingredients to a pitcher and stir. Pour iced mixture into high-speed blender and blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Run lime wedges around rim of champagne flutes before dipping rims in coarse salt.
- Pour margarita mixture into champagne flutes and garnish with lime wedges.
See you on the other side!