Whether enjoyed hot, iced, doctored up, or straight black, today millions of Americans will raise a mug in honor of its most beloved bean. Highwave has been mastering the art of coffee brewing and transporting for more than 35 years, so pretty much any related holiday qualifies as a high holy day here. So, how will a company built on beans, pay homage to its favorite fuel today? With this divine creation from Heather Christo. Aside from it tasting amazing, this recipe earned big points with us for leaving out ingredients that can trigger allergies in folks sensitive to things like gluten, nuts and dairy. Read on for the delicious details.
Recipe: Coconut Iced Coffee
- 1 cup strong hot coffee
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 ½ ounce shot of good rum (optional)
- ¼ cup Pacific Foods Organic Original Coconut Non-Dairy Beverage
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Whipped Coconut Cream (optional)
- Brew your cup of hot coffee and stir in the sugar to dissolve. Set it aside to cool slightly.
- Fill a large glass all the way with ice cubes and then pour the rum over the ice.
- Add the coffee to the ice and then the Coconut Non-Dairy Beverage. Top with whipped coconut cream if desired and then sprinkle with toasted coconut.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1